Anya’s Halibut Ceviche
- 1 pound halibut, bones and skin removed
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 large tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup jicama, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped (keep the seeds if you want it to be spicy)
- 1 bag tortilla chips for serving (optional)
- Finely ground sea salt
- Chop halibut into small cubes and place in a lidded container. Add fresh lemon and lime juice. Allow fish to marinate in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove fish from the fridge and strain off the lemon and lime juice.
- Chop all remaining ingredients except for the salt and avocado and mix well with the fish.
- Once fully combined, add the avocado and gently combine, being careful not to completely mash the avocado.
- Add a bit of sea salt, to taste.
MAKES: 4 servings • TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
About the Chef
Chef: Anya Kaats
Community: Pacific Serena, Encinitas
Hobbies & Interests: Photography, yoga, traveling
Favorite Local Activity: Classic Car Nights
About the Chef: My name is Anya and I’m the founder of Anya’s Eats. I publish gluten and dairy-free recipes, talk about natural skincare and hormonal health on my blog, plus create written and photographic content for natural products brands all across the country. From sharing delicious, whole food recipes on my blog and social channels to helping small natural products brands tell their stories, I am honored to be a part of the ripple effect that’s inspiring people to prioritize their health and the health of our planet, through real food and sustainability. You can visit my blog at www.AnyasEats.com or follow me on Instagram @anyas_eats!