Crazy Sherri’s Jambalaya
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- ½ pound of shrimp
- 1 pound of ground Andouille sausage
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of a vinegar-based Louisiana hot sauce
- Half an onion
- Salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Season chicken, Andouille sausage, and shrimp with Old Bay seasoning. Cook chicken and sausage and set aside.
- Combine green pepper, onion, and garlic along with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Cook until vegetables are soft.
- To the veggies, add the tomatoes, bay leaves, chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Add rice and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add chicken, sausage, and shrimp. Let simmer until shrimp is fully cooked. Remove bay leaves and serve.
Makes: Four servings • TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
About the Chef
Chef: Brent Weidemann
Family Members: Erin, Rooney, and pet dog Rowdy
Hobbies & Interests: Freestyle battle rapping, Chewbacca impersonations, and building forts
Favorite Local Activity: Taking my daughter on wagon rides around town
About the Recipe: I have a very Southern momma. We show people that we love them by cooking for them. Cooking, and more importantly jambalaya, is the glue that binds us. In a recent jambalaya family food throwdown, four out of four family members chose my jambalaya over my mom’s. It looks like the student has become the master.
About the Chef: Encinitas local and COO of Bible Belles, a book series focusing on the female heroes of the Bible. I am a burrito aficionado, thrift store addict, and country bumpkin at heart.