Sara’s Healthy Herbed Salmon & Zucchini Pasta
- 4 filets of salmon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground or dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (or substitute with honey)
- 4 tablespoons fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 6 cups zucchini, chopped or spiral cut (use a vegetable spiralizer)
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Olive oil
- Microgreens, optional
- Mix together the lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Brush the mixture onto the salmon and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and give it a few minutes so that the grill surface gets hot.
- In a sautee pan, heat a tiny dollop of olive oil. Add the zucchini and cook for a minute or two.
- After a few minutes give zuccini a sprinkle of salt. Add the corn and cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies soften. Turn off the heat and add the tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon on the grill with skin facing up. Once grill marks have formed, flip it over so that the skin is now facing down. Cook to the doneness of your liking.
- Remove the skin before serving and top with microgreens.
Makes: 4 servings Total Time: 15 minutes
About the Chef
Name of Chef: Sara Christensen
Family: Nate Scharff – fiancé; Garrett (12) and Colin (15) – soon-to-be stepsons; Lola and Lola – pet dogs (yes, we have two dogs named Lola!)
Community of Residence: Encinitas
Hobbies: Zumba, Bikram yoga, healthy cooking, home improvement projects, vintage shopping, travel, reading, and writing
Favorite Local Activities: Restaurant hopping on the 101, riding our beach cruisers
About the Recipe: I love to shop at the Leucadia Farmers Market for local veggies and then come up with healthy and delicious meals based on what I get there. This zucchini “pasta” and salmon is perfect for summer. It only takes a few minutes and everyone, including the kids, loves this fun and colorful dish. Plus it’s an easy clean-up meal.
About the Chef: I am a #1 best selling author, speaker, and weight loss expert. I coach women all over the world via online programs to create bodies and lives that they love. I am a native Minnesotan who now lives in Encinitas with my fiancé, his sons, and our two dogs, who are both named Lola. I love to shop for veggies at the Leucadia farmer’s market and can often be spotted at the neighborhood yoga studios.