Jolee’s Tarragon Shrimp
1 lime, sliced
2 pounds local shrimp, 16 – 20 count, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 small shallot, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 heaping tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped (I use Mexican tarragon straight out of the garden)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water and lime slices.
- Place a steamer rack (or metal colander) inside the saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Place the shrimp in the steamer rack, cover and cook until opaque (approximately 3 minutes.)
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine with shrimp.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes: 6 – 8 appetizers
Total Time: 15 – 20 minutes prep;
2 hours and 15 – 20 minutes total time