Kara’s Go-to Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
Name of Chef: Kara Sandler
Family Members: Husband – Allen Ehrlich; Children – Natasha Sandler and Ben Ehrlich
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, running, bike riding, traveling, reading and gardening
Favorite Local Activity: Riding my bike along the coast
About the Recipe: It is so very easy. My family loves it. I always have chicken from the night before or in the freezer and homemade dough in the refrigerator. I can make it quick and easy anytime. And, who doesn’t love pizza?
* Kara wants to share her recipe for homemade pizza dough with you! Email her at email@example.com and she will gladly send it to you.[tabs] [tab title=”Ingredients”]
1 chicken breast
4 large white mushrooms, sliced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¾ cup marinara sauce
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 package pizza dough, refrigerated[/tab] [tab title=”Directions”]
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken breast.
- BBQ for 8 – 12 minutes or until done. You can also boil, bake or use leftovers.
- Chop into ½ to 1-inch pieces.
- Preheat BBQ or oven to 500 – 550°F. If using an oven and you have a baking stone, place it in the oven now.
- Have each item measured out in advance. You will want to add ingredients as quickly as possible onto the dough and get it over the heat.
- Take the pizza dough out of the refrigerator and shape (using flour) with hands and/or a rolling pin to produce approximately 1/8-inch thick round.
- Place on a pizza peel. Either put the pizza directly onto the BBQ grill or use a metal pizza pan in the BBQ during summer.
- Pour marinara sauce onto the dough. (It doesn’t need to be perfect. It’s actually better if it’s not.)
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Toss the mushrooms and chicken over the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the oil on the edge of the pizza dough to make for a crispy crust.
- Slide the pizza off the pizza peel on to the pizza stone or directly on to the BBQ grill. This may take several tries. (Don’t fret, after some practice you can do it after several flicks of the wrist.)