San Diego Botanic Garden WaterSmart Landscape Makeover Workshop
San Diego Botanic Garden, San Diego County Water Authority and MiraCosta College are offering a Free WaterSmart Landscape Makeover Workshop Series that begins February 23, 2013. Participants will learn specifics of turf removal and planting water-efficient landscaping.
The San Diego Botanic Garden is again teaming up with the San Diego County Water Authority and MiraCosta College to sponsor a series of classes on WaterSmart Landscape Makeovers beginning February 23. The classes, to be held at the San Diego Botanic Garden in Encinitas, are free and are designed to teach participants the three necessary steps for turf removal and a successful landscape retrofit to more water-efficient landscaping.
The application can be found at http://www.sdbgarden.org/classes.htm. For priority enrollment, applications should be submitted by Sunday, February 10 to email@example.com or faxed to (760) 632-0917.
Space is limited, and the class slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible parties must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Be a single-family residential homeowner (owner occupied)
- Possess working, in-ground irrigation system with a controller (timer)
- Commit and have financial ability to make over one irrigated section of front yard turf to low-water-use plants (either Do-It-Yourself or professional)
- Commit to attend all three workshops and two coaching sessions. Must attend all sessions
- Have email address, internet access, and access to a camera (digital preferred)
Classes are as follows:
February 23, 9am – 12pm Site analysis and turf removal
March 2, 9am – 12pm Planning, plant selection and design
March 9, 9am – 2pm* Design Coaching Session 1 (Planting Plan)
March 23, 1pm – 4pm Smart irrigation system components and installation
April 6, 9am – 2pm* Design Coaching Session 2 (Irrigation plan)
*Specific appointment times TBD
All classes will be held at the San Diego Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas CA 92024.