Susan’s Gluten-Free Tropical Wild Snapper
Chef: Susan Van Zanten
Family Members: Husband Dan, Sons Hayden (20), Griffin (15), Grandma Phyllis, and Labrador, Bodey
Residence: Encinitas Ranch; Devonshire
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, sitting on the beach and walking the trails with “Bodey”.
About the chef: I am currently a K-8 substitute teacher and working on completing my Master’s degree in Special Education.
About the recipe: I chose to feature this recipe because our family often eats gluten free and this is exceptionally tasty!
1 ½ lbs. wild snapper
½ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
½ cup plain whole yogurt
½ cup organic mayonnaise
¼ cup fresh cilantro
1. Scramble 2 eggs
2. Combine almond and coconut flour
3. Melt 2 Tbsp. coconut oil in large sauté pan
4. Dip fish into egg and into flour mixture making sure fish is covered liberally
5. Sauté in coconut oil for 5 minutes and repeat on the other side…fish will take 10-15 minutes depending on thickness
6. Mix sauce ingredients and top fish when serving
* As an option to the sauce you may serve with fruity salsa.[/tab] [/tabs]